Mr Ken Slattery is the Chief Executive Officer of Cement Concrete & Aggregates Australia, the peak national industry body for Australia’s $15 billion heavy construction materials industry.
CCAA’s role is to represent the industry in
- Building stakeholders understanding of the vital role of the industry in the nation’s development.
- Supporting the maintenance of industry’s licence to operate.
- Advocating for regulatory reform.
- Maintaining and developing markets.
- Encouraging collaboration and networking across the industry.
Originally appointed Chief Executive Officer of the Cement and Concrete Association, he was appointed as CEO of a new organisation Cement Concrete & Aggregates Australia formed through a merger of seven cement, concrete and quarries related industry associations following a strategic review of the industry’s needs.
Prior to joining the heavy construction materials industry Ken had an extensive career in the steel industry, where he held a number of senior marketing roles in the high value-add steel building products markets and leadership of the applied research activities of BHP Research in the construction, automotive and manufacturing industry sectors.